The best fertilizer is one that increases the long-term fertility of the potting soil. You should know that:
We don't fertilize the plant, we fertilize the soil.
A fertile potting soil is the one that:
1. Retains nutrients long enough for plants to use
2. It easily transfers nutrients to the plant in the form it can assimilate.
An organic fertilizer, such as insect humus, very rich in organic matter is the best fertilizer because:
1. Contains all major (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) and minor (magnesium, calcium, sulfur) macronutrients
2. Improves porosity and air circulation promoting the life of beneficial microorganisms
3. Releases nutrients gradually due to the rich microbiological activity
4. Increases the water retention capacity vital to the assimilation of nutrients by the plant
5. It is a long-lasting fertilizer that does not use synthetic chemicals
And it contributes to reducing the use of natural resources as it is produced in a circular economy system.